The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Start w/ the rubber bushings in new control arms. (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 2002 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Dwight Chew on September 06, 1999 at 10:02:08:

In Reply to: Haunted hinges posted by Jim on September 06, 1999 at 09:04:04:

Another approach would be to buy new control arms (about $50/ea) with new rubber bushings preinstalled. Try them out and see if you like the ride and handling. Then if you need the polyurthane bushings, get them.

I don't think you need a press to install the poly bushings. A piece of threaded rod, some nuts, heavy flat washers, liquid dishwashing detergent, a box of Wheaties will get the job done. Getting the old rubber bushings out is another story.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 2002 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.