The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Strut terminology (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 2002 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Otto on April 26, 2000 at 10:23:52:

The front strut consists of a coil spring and a shock-absorber looking thing, right? Which of these is considered the strut insert, which is the strut housing, and what, if not one of these, is the coil spring called (I assume a "coil spring"?)I need to know because I had the "struts" replaced less than 5 months ago and now the shock absorber-looking things are leaking oil all over the place and make a clunking noise as I go over bumps, but the receipt says they replaced the "strut inserts", which I assumed was the shock-absorber thing.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 2002 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.