The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Hurst shifter fabricated to engine top mount... (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 2002 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by davidcosine on April 26, 2000 at 14:57:49:

In Reply to: new owner !! woo-hoo!! posted by sparky on April 25, 2000 at 12:50:28:

: My previous owner installed an additonal engine mount made of a Hurst shifter bolted to the valve cover and damped with a rubber engine mount. It connected to the side of the engine. It definately reduces the wobble of the top of the engine. There is a bracket bolted to the valve cover (a peice of aluminum) with two machine screws and then the bent up shifter rod (just another flat peice of aluminum) is bolted perpinducularly to that.
When the bolt connecting the bracket to the shifter-come-engine mount rattled off, the engine did wobble quite a bit (not five inches though).

p.s. how fast is your Z and where do you lurk to glean knowledge on the internet?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 2002 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.