The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Strut terminology (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 2002 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by pierre² on April 26, 2000 at 21:11:06:

In Reply to: Strut terminology posted by Otto on April 26, 2000 at 10:23:52:

The strut insert is a cartrige that goes into
the strut housing wich by the way have a scre-
wed end for the insertion.
So all you can see is the chromed shaft for
the damping.
The insert have the wet stuf so if there's a
leak it should show trought the coil at the
collar with the shaft.
We use to put a bit of oil into the housing
so the cartrige didn,t rustfreze into it.
That was 70th enginering, now you replace the
whole thing .

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 2002 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.