The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Need plastic sunroof lift kit???? (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 2002 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Erich on April 26, 2000 at 21:59:51:

In Reply to: Need plastic sunroof lift kit???? posted by stone on April 26, 2000 at 20:59:52:

: Hi,
: maybe i can help you but i need better
: description of where the part goes, post
: more info thanks stone

Sorry but I do not have the car here at the house so I have no actual view of the part, only what my mechanic described so here goes...
He told me that he believes the part is called the plastic lift kit.
It fits in the guide rails of the travel track and I believe it boosts the lid up to seal the sunroof when closed and reclines to allow travel back into the roof.
I originally took the car in because my lid was off center and scratching the paint when I rolled it back into the roof.
Mechanic told me one was broken completely and one had been welded??? (How do you weld plastic? He's German so maybe its just the translation)
I believe the cable assembly runs through these plastic clips.

Hope this helps and doesn't create more fog. If not, I will just go down this weekend and have him show it to me so that I can provide a more accurate description.



Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 2002 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.