The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
sounds like this is what I may need... (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 2002 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Timmer on June 28, 2001 at 07:36:30:

In Reply to: If you need the straight linkage, I have one that posted by Dave R. 91 35i, 71 02 on June 28, 2001 at 07:11:16:

may work. Don't know which model it's from but when we put the 32/36 conversion on another early car it took the bent version like on my 71. The other rod I have is same length but thicker and straight. It's the one that goes down to the pedal box lever.

Well, my brother Marty and I took the 32/36 off my '74 2002, took off the intake manifold and dremelled the opening as required, the linkage rod on the car will not work for this 38/38; Marty's '73 2002 also has a 38/38 on it and the linkage looks a bit different, we are going to to a salvage yard today that had 3 2002's ( hopefully they are still in the yard) last year and see if any of those cars have the same linkage as Marty's. Does anyone have any suggestions what route to take if the 2002's are no longer in that salvage yard or have the similar linkage/rod that is currently on my '74? thanks,


Marty is going to a salvage yard about 30 minutes from our place, it had 3 2002's last year, I'll call him a bit later and see how he made out, thanks,


Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 2002 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.