The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Why would you talk to the insurance company? (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 3-series (E46) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Rich on February 17, 1999 at 11:56:13:

In Reply to: ANSWER posted by FS on February 17, 1999 at 08:05:04:

: If it costs the same amount as the stock bumper, I don't see why you could not get it. Talk to the nsurance company, and check around to se if you find an aerodynamic bumper from one of the tuners (Hamann, Breyton, Hartge, AC Schnitzer, etc.) and if it is close in price, you can probably do it.

: : After getting in an accident and messing up the front bumper and corner of my car, I was thinking...would I be able to put on a cooler looking bumper and air dam replacing the stock one, on the person who was at fault's insurance company's dime; if it did not cost more than the BMW one? Or is the M Aerokit front piece available? Any good?
: : Thanks

If the insurance companies you are dealing with operate like the ones with which I've dealt, once they approve the estimate, they are going to send you a check for the amount of the approved estimate. You can do anything you want with the money, including installing a "cooler looking bumper and air dam." Of course, if the new bumperand air dam make your car more susceptible to damage or more expensive to repair, your insurance company would be most interested to know about so they can raise your rates.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 3-series (E46) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.