Just picked up my new 328i on Saturday (silver/grey, premium, HK/CD, htd sts, alarm) and its great except for a key problem.
I can't seem to program/initialize one my keys for activating the remote locks and alarm.
One of the keys works fine, but one won't unlock/lock and disarm/arm the doors and alarm.
The manual provides a procedure like this:
1. Get in the car
2. Insert the key to be programmed in the ignition and move it to position 1 for less than 5 seconds and then remove it.
3. Press and hold unlock on the key
4. Press lock 3 times within 10 seconds
5. Release the unlock button
6. The locks lock and then unlock and the key blinks 10 times.
Great, now I can unlock and lock the car with the key that wasn't working.
But!! The key that wasn't working (that I used to get into the car) doesn't work any more.
I have gone back through the procedure to get the original key working, but then the second key won't work.
Any tips on getting both keys to work?
Aside: If you use the valet or spare key to lock/unlock the door, does this arm/disarm the alarm as well?