In Reply to: Leather vs. leatherette? posted by Barry on April 13, 1999 at 05:46:43:
I went with grey leather, here's why:
- grey matches my exterior (steel blue) better (IMHO) and is unavailable in leatherette
- smells great
- breathes better--not quite as hot and sticky in the summer
- breaks in better (although some might say that it shows more wear) and gets more comfortable with age
- will get some of the outlay back upon resale
- I could tell the difference right away. Some folks might not care, but I did.
: I recently test drove a 3 - series and didn't notice much difference between the leather and the leatherette. Does anyone have any thoughts?