In Reply to: Poll:problems w/ e46,post message even if no prob posted by pete on September 25, 1999 at 20:14:47:
99 323i (previous car): had all sorts of problems
1. Steering wheel twitches on hard braking
2. Clutch vibration when shifting
3. off-the-line hesitation
4. driver side window creeking
5. headlight assmebly and one of the side markers wasn't sealed, moisture kept getting inside.
6. Moonroof intermittently won't close/open.
I was very disappointed and traded this problem-laden 323i for a y2k 323ci. I'm now happy and satisfied. Previously, due to the "off-the-line" hesitation, I thought the car had such a low-end torque. I also felt it lacked a mid-range torque (especially when I was trying pass on highway). My current 323ci has no such problems and it feels so much stronger and smoother (I never knew a bimmer's supposed to be this fun!). I don't have any of the reported problems other owners have except the back seat squeaks and rattles. But it's a minor problem compared to what I had on the previous car. All in all, I feel my y2k 323ci has some major improvement. As someone said, first year production models tend to have more problems. I totally agree.
y2k 323ci sport