The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Sounds like it isn't a "wax" (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 3-series (E46) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by DG2 on October 25, 1999 at 22:33:40:

In Reply to: Re: Paint Protector coating??? Anyone know anythin posted by MichaelR M on October 25, 1999 at 22:19:01:

I didn't think they were referring to a wax, or protectant-type sealant, or whatever, because that would have zero hope of preventing chips. If they are claiming that for a rubbed/buffed coating, stay away.

Stongard is the correct spelling, by the way, for one of the urethane films (not stonegard or stoneguard). I only point this out because lots of people find they can't get to the website when they spell it incorrectly. The full Stongard kit covers the front end, including the bumper, as well as the mirrors, the areas under the door handles (to protect from fingernail scratches), and the door edges. It runs somewhere in the area of $450 installed. (I'm sure it varies, but it won't be $100 and it won't be $1,000).

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 3-series (E46) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.