In Reply to: Possibly ordering today (more) posted by Sean on November 26, 1999 at 13:33:12:
Try negotiating horizontally not vertically (more)
For example, tell the dealer you are also considering an Audi, and that the Audi dealer offered you a much better discount. Another idea would be not to sound TOO excited about buying. You could tell the dealer you are planning to buy in 3 months, however if he can give you a good deal, you may consider buying sooner/immediately.
If this doesn't work, get the car elsewhere, you are almost guaranteed to get a great price from a dealer who is not in your area... since you're a customer they would normally not have.
: Wanted to wait for a week 2 or 3 production but, so far my dealer has no allocations for 323Ci productions for Jan. They have one to modify on week 51. So we'll see. Right now the deal is not that great.
: $3200.00 over invoice. They are the only dealer within
: a 100 mile radius and I want a demo when I get service
: (no demo if I don't buy from them). So anyways I decide on Silver with Red, 5 spd. Sport Pkg., Prem. Pkg., Xenons, In-dash Cd player and Harman-Kardon.
: Wish me luck.