In Reply to: Bodywork in West Los Angeles posted by Michael on January 28, 2000 at 01:36:53:
: Avio's Coachwork in West Los Angeles repaired my doors after someone hit them on the molding in a parking lot and, of course, left no name. They did a great job; I can't tell where that work was done, even knowing where to look. Thanks to Jimmy for the recommendation. This list is great!
I also took my car in for repairs at Avio's. When I got the car back the list of problems included:
1. Airbag warning light not reset. They told me to take care of it since they were too busy.
2. Broken windshield washer nozzle.
3. New paint hit with air hose when wet left obvious mark, but denied by them.
4. Black trim around window removed with a screwdriver, chipped paint.
5. Side indicator broken by incorrect removal, but still reinstalled. Found on my own later.
6. Left foglight loose, screws left loose.
7. Cheap steel screws used to fasten Hartge spoiler. Anyone knows you must use stainless or better to avoid rust. I'll replace these on my own.
In summary, the $3000 I paid to install a spoiler, paint the hood, front fenders and right door was WAY too much for the inferior quality of work. Very disappointing. Of course, YMMV.