Last night, I left my Startac cell phone charging in my 2000 540 for 1 hour with enigne off. I did not realize that the cigarette lighter port stays on even with engine off.
Anyways, when I got back to the car after dinner, the would not start on it's first try. Since it has the autoignition, no sound whatsoever during the start. I removed the cell phone charger from the cigarette port. Waited a few seconds and then try again. It started as normal.
Perhaps the cell phone took enough charge from the battery to a level where the autoignition could not start the car?? Is this possible with a 1 hour charge with engine off?