The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Clutch Delay Valve? (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E39) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by ilya on July 10, 2000 at 11:38:34:

In Reply to: Clutch Delay Valve? posted by girah on July 09, 2000 at 02:42:59:

The clutch Delay Valve is a little piece that is installed between your clutch tube and the transimision. It restricts flow of break fluid (in your clutch too) making the car feel more luxury during shifting. I took mine off about a month ago and like it a lot. The shifting is more precise and the clutch doesn't slip like it did before during hard shifting. All you need to do is take it off and bled the system, it may void your drivetrain warranty though, so be carefull.

: I was reading an earlier post, and it mentioned something called the clutch delay valve. What is this, and what modifications can be made to it to improve clutch feel?

: I was never satisfied with the take up of clutch in my 540. If there's a way to make it better - would someone please let me know!!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E39) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.