The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
If you have comp/collision insurance.. (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 7-series Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by I've been screwed over, too. on October 29, 2000 at 18:12:05:

In Reply to: Need help finding a criminal (hit and run) posted by Lukas on October 29, 2000 at 18:01:35:

You might be better off just filing with your insurance company and not worrying about it. Alternatively, just fix the car and move on. Chances are he is uncollectable.

If only $1200, you are probably going to have to just pay out of your pocket. Considering your deductible and the possibility of increased insurance rates, you may end up worse off by bringing them in.

I don't think it was hit and run. He stopped. You should have gotten his driver's license, at least. You don't even know if he has one. If he had no D/L, you could have called the cops.

I would be angry too, but there are some things that just don't have a good resolution.

P.S. Even though he is probably uncollectable, you could always try having a friend call his number, say they have some work for him. But when he shows up, what can you do anyway?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 7-series Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.