Non-DSP base system with factory head unit and CD-changer.
One Jensen XA4150 bridged to 2x200Wrms for subs.
One Jensen XA4150 4x75Wrms for inside speakers.
Two 12" MTX Thunder 4000 in sealed encosures, 1.25 cuft each.
Front doors Polk EX 5-1/4 Components
Rear doors Polk DX5 coaxial 5-1/4 (Highly recommend coaxials in the rear doors to avoid rear tweeters pulling sound image backwards).
I cut the factory connections for the stock amplifier and connected RCA's to the UTP low-level signal from the head unit. I also used the factory wiring for the inside speakers (saves a TON of work laying new wiring). Since the factory crossovers reside inside the amp, I put the Polk crossovers in the rear and fed woofer and tweeter signals on different wires. In the rear doors I had to fabricate spacers for the speakers to fit properly. Should have done it in front, but it works ok - will do it when I upgrade to Polk Momo's.
- One Jensen Amp defect from the store.
- Factory speaker wiring in one door defect, utilized unused tweeter wire instead.
- Subwoofer box slightly hangs over spare tire well, but fastened the box in front so it's able to tilt up when I need to access spare.
- Had to fabricate spacers for the rear door speakers.
- Slight alternator whine currently, expect to be able to fix with a better connection and possibly an isolation stage transformer.
As it is, the system is pretty good, and pounds impressively. I am planning to upgrade front door speakers to Polk Momo and feed them more power (2x150Wrms). I'm also planning to build a new smaller sub enclosure for two Polk Momo 12" subs, that will be fed 500Wrms each.
Anyway, that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it ;)
I want to thank Henry on the board for great help.
P.S. let me know if I forgot something, just ask....