The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Rear toolbox tool?;...................... (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by jefrem on June 08, 2000 at 14:01:07:

In Reply to: Rear toolbox tool?;...................... posted by Ritter on June 08, 2000 at 13:42:29:

: If you have the original tools that came in the toolbox....what is the metal rod with the gray plastic end used for?

Two things -- 1)you stick the plastic end into one of your lug bolt holes and slide your wheel onto it -- it holds-up your wheel when you're changing it until you get the lugs started, and, 2) you slip the metal end through the end hole of the spark plug socket (see below) to help you turn it.

Also what is the long metal socket for?

That's your spark plug socket :=).


Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.