Saturday, August 26th, 2000 Bennett Kartway - Utica, IL
Salt Creek Sports Car Club (SCSCC) presents a medium-speed Autocross. Cars will run one at a time on a closed course, marked without pylons (at least not too many) and timed to electronically to the nearest 1/1000 of a second (unless our timer chooses not to cooperate). Bennett is a 0.6 mile pro kart track with a 500 ft straight. Novice drivers are welcome, and it’s easy to find an instructor to ride along with you, if so requested. Timed runs usually consist of 2 consecutive laps (but, occasionally, we'll throw in some pylons, or take advantage of the track's "figure-eight" nature). Attendance permitting, we may even have a few "fun-runs" at the end of the day.
SCHEDULE ENTRY FEES
Registration 8:45 - 10:15 SCSCC Members $25.00
Course Open for Walking 9:00 - 10:15 Lotus Corps Members $25.00
Tech Inspection 9:00 - 10:15 Non-Members $30.00
Mandatory Drivers Meeting 9:45 Crew & Guests Free!
First Car on Course 10:20 Make Checks Payable to: SCSCC
Trophy Presentations 4:00 or earlier
1. All competitors, instructors, crew and guests must sign the waiver. You must be 18 years old, or 16 with a parent or legal guardian present, and have a valid drivers license from your state of residence.
2. No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs will be tolerated. This applies to competitors, crew, and guests anywhere on site. Violators will be disqualified without refund.
3. SNELL, ANSI, or DOT approved helmets are required. Loaners may be available.
4. No refunds after tech inspection. Late entries may not be allowed to make up missed timed runs.
5. Mufflers are required. Speed limit on site (off course) is 10 MPH.
6. Competitors are responsible for their crew and guests. Do not litter or dump fluids.
7. SCCA Solo II rules and classes will apply. 3 car minimum to form a trophy class. All classes with less than 3 cars are combined and run on Index. Trophies awarded to the top 1/3 of each class.
8. Running numbers will be assigned at registration. If you use magnetic or adhesive numbers, bring a variety.
9. Your car must be in safe running condition, and have working seat belts. You are personally responsible for the safe condition of your car. All tires must have visible tread over the full diameter. Street tires must be run at OEM recommended pressures or higher. You will not be allowed to compete on bent or damaged rims. Batteries must be firmly secured, and the positive post insulated.
10. Clean all the loose junk out of your car before you compete; including floormats, things hanging from the mirror, etc...
11. Pay attention to the starter and course workers. If anything looks unsafe on course, STOP! You’ll get a re-run.
12. This event will be run rain or shine.
13. You are expected to help work the course as needed during the event, especially if the event chair requests your help.
For more information: Allen Skillicorn: email@example.com or (847) 658-3807
Directions: Take I-55 South toward St. Louis. Exit on I-80 West toward Iowa. Take I-80 for about 42 miles and exit on IL-178 (exit 81). This is the Utica and Starved Rock State Park Exit. Turn South (go over I-80) for about 1/4 mile, to a 4 way stop. Turn left at the stop sign and left again behind white building on corner.