In Reply to: how do you chage tranny oil? posted by MKM3 on September 11, 2000 at 22:35:51:
1. What you need: depending on the year of your car-either a 17mm allen wrench (i had to have about an inch of my allen wrench cut off and used a socket, as the allen wrench would not fit enough to allow access to the fill plug)or a 17mm socket, drain pan, hand pump, new fluid (redline MTL is the consensus favorite).
2. Jack car up in front, use jack stands because you will need the jack to raise the back later.
3. Remove FILL PLUG first, because if you cannot get the fill plug off and you have already
drained the fluid, you are screwed!! Also it allows the fluid to drain quicker.
4. Remove drain plug and drain fluid.
5. You can now jack the back up slightly to let tranny fluid drain a little better. BE careful, the jack stands may begin to lean forward and fall unless you watch closely.
6. Replace drain plug.
7. Fill the hand pump and begin filling the tranny ( it takes me about 4-5 fills of the pump.
8. Continue filling until fluid begins to come out of the fill hole. Also filling should be done with the car as level as possible. If you can't tell when it is full, you should be able to feel the fluid if you stick your pinky in and just bend down a little.
9. Replace fill plug, and that is it!!