The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Black box between intensive and normal screenfluid (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Darren M on January 19, 2001 at 21:08:15:

Hi guys, can someone tell me what that thing is for? I am talking about the black box which is bolted to the side of the two windscreen wash resevoirs, it is located between the two resevoirs.

My screen wash has been playing up due to a blockage somewhere. Had new washer jets put on 3 months ago and already the passenger side has stopped squirting! 8-(.
I took the resevoirs out to clean crap out of the large one and noticed that the connector which connects to the black box mentioned above was just resting beneath the box, not actually plugged into it. Mine has German writing on it and cant read that! It doesnt connect to anything else,it just has the connector which should be plugged into it. I guess it is some kind of controller? It has a six pin connection FYI.

I know I could just plug it in, but I`m wondering if it was unplugged for a reason. If I know what it does I can decide about plugging it back it again. I haven`t noticed anything not working though, although I havent checked to see if the headlight wash/wipers work yet since owning the car.

Darren M

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.