The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Do you mean "balance" the throttles? (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by JamesM on March 07, 2001 at 08:27:48:

In Reply to: Throttle Body idle Tune posted by Franz on March 06, 2001 at 16:32:10:

Any motorcycle shop will have a set of manometers, which are glass tubes filled with mercury or some other liquid. They measure vacuum. Most high-performance motorcycles have individual carbs that need to be synched, so repair shop usu have this equipment. You pop off the 4 rubber vacuum caps, install the manometers, pop off the plastic caps, and adjust the screws until the vacuum is level on all four. I don't know of the correct vacuum spec (eg mmHg), but I do know that you must eliminate all vacuum leaks before attempting this procedure.

[email protected]
88 M5
88 M3
83 535i

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.