The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Thanks for the info... (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Doug on March 10, 2001 at 10:40:07:

In Reply to: Re: Aviation grade oil,gas lines...?? posted by JamesM on March 09, 2001 at 12:30:30:

It's a huge waste of money for a street car. AN grade fittings and hoses are very expensive for good stuff. AN stands for Air-corps/Naval spec, which has been replaced with Mil-spec. Earl's makes AN fittings and stainless braided hoses. There are plenty of other companies that make inferior knock-offs, like slipping stainless braid over regular rubber hose. This is not AN or Mil-spec.

The other problem lies in the fact that nothing on these cars has fittings that will screw onto the AN lines. You can't just hose-clamp the stuff to the fuel rail, oil cooler, or whatnot. You have to buy adapters for the oil cooler or braze/solder/weld fittings onto other parts.

Get good fuel injection hose from an auto parts store. Make sure it's rated to 300psi like all good fuel injection hose is. The stuff lasts for decades. If you need to replace your oil cooler lines, go to a real auto parts store and see if they sell high-pressure hydraulic hose. You can have a shop crimp on new hose to the hard lines.

Basically, it's a waste of time and money. If you're racing for money, then use it.

[email protected]

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.