The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Yeah Sachs...that the one...(more) (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by michael on August 14, 2001 at 09:43:54:

In Reply to: Re: Comment on sport clutch... posted by ADA///M on August 14, 2001 at 09:12:27:

HD clutches either come with a full serface friction disk or a "puck disk" The differance between a "normal" full surface disk and a HD one is that a HD one has a bonding agent (glue) as well as the rivets you see on a normal disk. A "puck disk" has a non-continuous friction serface (a three and a four puck example are in the picture). If there are even tiny irregularities in the surface of your flywheel where the clutch disk makes contact (friction serface), you will have a very uneaven grab when you engage the clutch. A machine shop can dress the friction serface on your flywheel to remove runout. Aluminum fly wheels have a steel disk bolted on to them for the friction surface.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.