The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Intake gasket fasteners - question.. (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Jon on August 30, 2001 at 14:51:34:

In Reply to: Intake gasket fasteners - question.. posted by Doug on August 30, 2001 at 14:44:04:

They are called external torx. I've seen those particular nuts referred to as E8. I guess external 8mm? You should probably be able to get the sockets at Sears or somewhere like that.


When I removed my plenum to paint a couple of weeks ago, I thought I'd check the Torque specs. of the fasteners that hold the intake gaskets on. I wanted to tighten them up if they were loose, not that I have the symptoms necessarily but just to be sure. When I looked at them they were a kind of Torx style, actually they were opposite of what I know Torx to be. They were male instead of the normal female Torx that the tools in my box would work on. What are these called, where can I get the tools from and what size are necessary for that job?? I still plan on doing this check, Thanks!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.