The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Intake gasket fasteners - question.. (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Steve on August 31, 2001 at 18:05:05:

In Reply to: Re: Intake gasket fasteners - question.. posted by JPL on August 31, 2001 at 09:12:31:

Our local Sears didn't have them but I did find one at Napa Autoparts. It was like $5 or so.

90 m3
black and tan

When I removed my plenum to paint a couple of weeks ago, I thought I'd check the Torque specs. of the fasteners that hold the intake gaskets on. I wanted to tighten them up if they were loose, not that I have the symptoms necessarily but just to be sure. When I looked at them they were a kind of Torx style, actually they were opposite of what I know Torx to be. They were male instead of the normal female Torx that the tools in my box would work on. What are these called, where can I get the tools from and what size are necessary for that job?? I still plan on doing this check, Thanks!

Dinan makes aftermarket product. Don't have experience with it.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.