The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
I am not sure we have an "idle switch", there is.. (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by michael on September 27, 2001 at 11:35:20:

In Reply to: Is the TPS the same thing as the idle switch? nt posted by Ritter on September 27, 2001 at 10:37:48:

an idle control valve, located below the airbox, near the starter. This adjusts the air intake at idle. the vent line from the valve cover runs into one of its ports. The TPS is a three way switch. It has a position at idle, one that goes from a little throttle opening to almost wide open throttle, and a position at WOT. The ECU goes into its ilde settings and at WOT fuel injector settings based on the two extream TPS positions. In between, the vast majority of your butterflys' movement, the ECU reads its fuel mapping from the RPM and the AFM. Hope that helps.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.