In Reply to: Re: how do u install JC Chip? posted by MarkPike on December 09, 2001 at 00:18:32:
I'm writting from memory, so correct me if I'm wrong.
1. Drop glove box out of the way
2. Remove mounting bolts from the ECU
3. Remove the wiring loom from ECU
4. Carefully bend the metal tabs on the ECU
5. There are two circuit boards that open like a sadwich
6. Note the position of the knotch on the old chip
7. VERY CAREFULLY remove the old chip (I used a jewelers screw driver) I think you chip should come with some sort of a removal tool
8. Put it all back together.