The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Some stuff I did.. (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Jeff J. on December 10, 2001 at 13:16:51:

In Reply to: Some stuff I did.. posted by Stan on December 10, 2001 at 07:02:24:

Where exactly did you physically run the vac tubing from for the MAP signal? Whats a pulse damper?

Jeff J.
(still planning my eventual non-AFM conversion...)

You get the MAP signal from the engine side of the throttle plates. You could use the taps on top of the TBs or the signal to the FPR or whatever. I had to use a pulse damper since I needed a less jumpy signal. You can get air temp using a stock Bosch sensor cut from an old AFM or from a car with a separate sensor if you find one with similar output. They are just negative temp coef. resistors. Mods like this, which are standard on new cars, really wake up the S14, especially in below 4000 RPM street driving. Broadens the powerband very noticeably. Transforms the car.


Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.