In Reply to: euro ellipsoid question posted by B. Wheaton on January 08, 2002 at 22:10:54:
- German spec cars do not have side marker lights.
- The parking lamps (city lamps ??) are always on when the lights are on (position 1 and 2)
- The fog lamps come on only in position 1 or 2
- sure you can run with parking lamps and fog light on - but why would you ??
- Both headlamps (high & low) have 55W H1 bulbs.
- light output is petty decent on low beams and very good on high beams, even at our higher speeds.
- quality of the bulbs is more important than rated wattage. Stay away from those toro cheapo HID, Xenon scheißendreck ..
- to get the ultimate light get E39 light bulbs (an easy install in the headlight) and the corresponding black boxes.
Hope that helps
95 525 TDS
I just got my euro ellips from Bekker's... sweeet. I have always wondered what that cutout underneath the inner lens is for - any ideas? Also, is the city light (above the inner lens) supposed to come on with the running lights, turn off with the low beams and blink corresponding to the L&R turn signals?
I want to go as bright as possible with conventional bulbs (none of that "superwhite" crap). Are there any things to consider regarding the higher current draw with respect to wiring upgrades, relay installation or beefier fuse installation?