In Reply to: Herr Wheaton! This is the way they are in Germany. posted by Mike on January 09, 2002 at 13:20:54:
What's this about the fog light? Do you mean there is a separate switch for that light or does it come on with the low-beams?
What is a "parking light" anyway? You don't park and leave them on, do you ? :^)
Judging from the responses, there seems to be a lot of confusion about these lights.
- German spec cars do not have side marker lights.
- The parking lamps (city lamps ??) are always on when the lights are on (position 1 and 2)
- The fog lamps come on only in position 1 or 2
- sure you can run with parking lamps and fog light on - but why would you ??
- Both headlamps (high & low) have 55W H1 bulbs.
- light output is petty decent on low beams and very good on high beams, even at our higher speeds.
- quality of the bulbs is more important than rated wattage. Stay away from those toro cheapo HID, Xenon scheißendreck ..
- to get the ultimate light get E39 light bulbs (an easy install in the headlight) and the corresponding black boxes.
Hope that helps
95 525 TDS