In Reply to: any help would be nice.. fan bolt stuck .. ideas posted by adam p on January 24, 2002 at 01:23:14:
I have used a 32 mm headset wrench from a good bicycle store and a high quality strap wrench.
Klein makes one in different sizes; also Sears sell a packaged set of two strap wrenchs.
And make sure you are turing the thing the right way. It is a left handed thread.
Don't forget to spray a penetrating oil too.
Number 2 is where im stuck.. kinda soon to be stuck but I can not seem to get the fan off.. I have the correct wrench and all but it just wont buge.. I know which way it turns and all that good stuff but it just wont move.. any ideas or suggestions?
Adam there are two hoses right there that you might want to replace, one is very difficult to replace while the waterpump is on. Here are the instructions:
1. Drain Coolant.
2. Remove fan with a 32mm wrench (wrench may require grinding to make it slim enough to fit). The threads are backwards, so to loosen it, turn it as if you were
3. Remove the alternator belt (19mm and 13mm wrenches).
4. Remove the water pump pulley (4 10mm bolts).
5. Remove the hoses from the water pump.
6. Remove the 7 bolts on the water pump (13mm and 10mm)
7. Throw the old water pump away.
8. Replace the gasket.
9. Install your new water pump.
11-51-1-315-211 Water pump
11-53-1-266-472 Short hose
11-53-1-309-669 Long hose