In Reply to: Re: The car is dead and needs to be sold ASAP! posted by wjcarnes on January 26, 2002 at 20:33:22:
What did he wash, the OBC or the ECU? Try a daughter next time. They will never wash an engine. Mine probably does not know where the engine is to wash. She is 35 and I love her but would never let her touch the M.
Things should dry out, but I really am not a professional mechanic. Calm down and breath deep. This can be fixed, just not in a hurry. Sounds like the starter is not getting fire. I am sure our cars have a starter but the only time I ever thought I actually saw it was when I changed the intake gaskets. It's down there somewhere on the port side of the engine.
Running it will probably help dry things out, particularly if you are in a cold clime. Spray moisture displacing foofoo stuff everywhere.
Otherwise, if things do not fix themselves, I am still good for the 5 large.
Just an Idea, remove your air box to gain
access to your starter. dry the starter
with your wife hair dryer. just be careful
not place dryer too close to to starter and
move dryer constantly. have a fire sting-