The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
what are the part numbers for the m5 gaskets? (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Gerald Williams on February 25, 2002 at 22:57:48:

In Reply to: Depends on what you are installing (m) posted by John A on February 24, 2002 at 22:54:01:

It is strongly recommended that you put the M5 paper gasket between the rubber M3 gasket and the head. Recommended sealants are Hylomar or Aviation Form-a-Gasket, both made by Permatex. Some say not to put sealant between the paper gasket and the head. There are three choices for the paper gasket: E28 M5, 0.02" thick; E34 M5, 0.04" thick; or Dinan, 0.06" thick. The Dinan kit also includes a second 0.06" thick gasket to go between the rubber M3 gasket and the throttle bodies, plus the Aviation Form-a-Gasket and special lock washers. Use Loctite blue on the external torx nuts and bolts.
88 ///M3 Cinnabar

hey guys,
i am replacing my intake manifold gaskets in my car, I was wondering if their is any kind of special boding or lub that is required when putting them in. Thanks,
Gerald Williams
1990 M3

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.