The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Valve Grind (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Phil-OR on April 17, 2002 at 12:27:23:

In Reply to: Valve Grind posted by Kevin on April 17, 2002 at 11:14:05:

A valve grind job is cutting the valve and valve seat to match. You will often hear terms like 3 angle and 5 angle valve jobs. These tend to cost more due to the increased labor (you are cutting each part 3 times or 5 times, as opposed to 1) and gives you the benefit of better flow characteristics through the valve opening.

can someone explain what a valve grind job is? What does it accomplish? how much does it cost to get done? thanks

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.