hi guys, need lots of advice and technical pointers for this procedure.
i placed the jack on the wrong spot and dented fuel tank, so much that it broke transfer fuel pump.
bought a tank and transfer pump for $ 140 and was quoted
$ 600 to install it (ouch)., so i'm going to try to do it my self., donor vehicle dint have a driveshaft nor exhaust system so it was snap to remove. was told to...
1) remove heat shield above drive shaft near differential.
2) unhook exhaust system from hangers (muffler to catalic)
3) unbolt both ends of drive shaft
4) lower driver side rear suspension cross member a bit
5) slide out drive shaft
6) unbolt and disconect gas tank
7) wiggle out gas tank.
besides draing tank, is there anything else ???
any advice about removing drive shaft and possible problems, or difficulty reinstalling it.
do they make a shalow fuel tranfer pump, about 3 to 4 inches shorter., maybe i could use that instead of going bananas!!!