The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Some club have it in their tool box (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by AC on April 21, 2002 at 16:46:51:

In Reply to: where can I get a tool for adjusting my valves? posted by sev7488 on April 18, 2002 at 14:20:49:

hopefully cheaper than the $120 tool BMP has.
I had a snap-on tool but I couldn't make it work, they were like pliers that you squeeze over the cam but it wasn't big enough or somthing.

It's not like a pliers. It's a somewhat S shape tool that fits precisely between the buckets. You may want to check with your local chapter of the BMW club. If they have a tool you could join and also the SIG where you can pick up some useful knowledge about your car. Check Gustave website for a picture and instructions.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ E30 M3 Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.