In Reply to: Shafted on eBay! posted by Taft on March 02, 2000 at 22:09:20:
Wow! Thanks for all the support, ideas, and feedback. Here is some more info and answers to some questions:
1) Yes, I saw his bad feedback, and asked him about it. He gave me a lot of rationale, but I guess I was too stoopid or naive.
2) eBay insurance: I am pursuing this, but it is difficult to get them to pay (just how do you prove you never got the item?)
3) I can't post negative feedback since the original high bidder bailed and I was the second highest bidder. I contacted eBay and they can't help me.
4) Getting help from eBay: What a joke! They totally misrepresent what they will do for someone who is screwed. They won't suspend a jackass like this until his rating is -4, so he has to screw at least four people and have no positives! eBay won't even send this guy a warning!
5) Mail fraud is another tough one, since I was not solicted to buy this through the mail, but only paid through the mail. I am pursuing this, though.
6) A small claims court case is possible, but since I live in Colorado, filing it in New Jersey is probabaly not feasible.
Thanks for the ideas, keep em coming
94 530iA, cracked foglights
: Warning! There is guy on eBay selling BMW parts that takes your money and doesn't deliver! I sent him a money order for $90.00 for foglights for my 530i on 15 Jan. No foglights yet. His last email on 15 Feb was "if I dont keep up with this sue me." Well, this is pretty tough to do and eBay doesn't do much to help. This guys name and address are:
: Tariq Mughal
: 30 Pinetree Lane.
: Willingboro, NJ 08046
: His eBay name is : rydeordye
: His email address is: [email protected]
: Watch out for this guy. If you want to try to help, send him an email to express your displeasure!
: Any other ideas are welcome
: 94 530iA, 84K, cracked foglights