In Reply to: Re: Under Passengers Side Rear posted by Don on March 08, 2000 at 21:57:57:
Its very hard to explain. I'll try but I suggest that you get the manual for the car. It what saved me!
1. under the passenger side rear seat is the battery. disconect the - lead - at the bottom of the seat you will see a rectangle - pop it off with a screwdriver and disconect lead.
2. remove the seat ajustment buttons (same screwdriver will do)
3. there is a small screw you must find and remove right next to the seat ajust buttons.
4. once screw is out you can work out the plasic form - after that there is another one that you can pull out. your goal is to get to the seatbelt socket (the female part of the seatbelt)
5. pull off electical plug from bottom of seatbelt socket.
6. look for a bolt to remove on the side of the seatbelt socket.
7. now it gets tricky, you want to pull the front side of the seat up and out at the same time. the seat should go up in the front while metal hooks hold it towards the back. feel around with your hands to get a mental picture of how these hooks hold the seat in place. this makes it way easier to put the seat back.
8. do what you got to do then reverse