The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Oil Separator (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 7-series (E32) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by David F on April 05, 2001 at 09:23:44:

In Reply to: Oil Separator posted by Ekkehart Rackete, Bochum Germany on April 05, 2001 at 09:01:53:

My guess is that the term is being used for the baffles located on the valve covers to seperate the oil out of the crankcase vapors.

I have read the word oil separator several times now and think I am quite familiar with the M70 engine. I have also checked the TIS and the ETK. Where is it and what does it look like. Or is this a stealth part? I am familiar with separators on large stationary Diesel engines. I am talking about MegaWatt engines! They have separators instead of filters.
Regards Ekkehart

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 7-series (E32) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.