The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Sounds logical, but..... (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 7-series (E32) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Andrew on April 05, 2001 at 09:41:42:

In Reply to: Re: Oil Separator posted by David F on April 05, 2001 at 09:23:44:

I would agree in theory that generically oil separators would reside under the valve covers. But in referring to Gilbert's post about oil consumption, he said the mechanic cleaned them for $100. If they were under the valve covers, the labor charge would've been much higher.

I too have looked at Bentleys and the ETK and the factory E32 manual to no avail.


My guess is that the term is being used for the baffles located on the valve covers to seperate the oil out of the crankcase vapors.

I have read the word oil separator several times now and think I am quite familiar with the M70 engine. I have also checked the TIS and the ETK. Where is it and what does it look like. Or is this a stealth part? I am familiar with separators on large stationary Diesel engines. I am talking about MegaWatt engines! They have separators instead of filters.
Regards Ekkehart

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 7-series (E32) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.