The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Nope, I'm sick of helping for one day. (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 7-series (E32) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by guysimpson on April 06, 2001 at 14:44:10:

In Reply to: Guy Simpson, can you help? posted by Andrew on April 05, 2001 at 21:29:09:

When I exchange the intakes I planned on removing the valve cover to have a look underneath and replace my gaskets. I've a opportunity to buy some camshafts and springs. So that would be the prime time to put them in if I pony up the money. But If I do then I may need to change chips to CSI chips. I'll know more about these baffles David has mentioned in a short while. So far I don't know of a separate device like a separator. But Lin has over 200k on his engine so it's possible.



Gilbert couldn't illuminate as to where the elusive oil separator is located. (ref oil consumption/pcv/check valves etc.) He indicated you might have an idea as to where to look.

Any ideas?

Is this another name for something else?

Sorry to be a PITA about this, but I've got the PCV valves coming in, got the checkvalves as a precaution, and would like to stop pouring qt after qt of castrol down the proverbial drain.



Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 7-series (E32) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.