In Reply to: 735i or 750i posted by Mike from Munich on October 13, 2001 at 13:51:31:
Power, of course, is more in the 750. But you pay for that power: when you go to do maintenance, you have essentially two of everything, plugs, air cleaners, distributor caps. The 750's electronic throttles (i.e., DK motors) are also very complex.
Before I go on too long, I'd just say this to conclude: start off with a 735. If you can handle the quirks of the HVAC and the other maintenance required by it and you are still not in sticker shock when you have to buy parts (even from a discount mail order place BMW parts are much more than your typical Ford part) for it or take it to an independent BMW shop (it goes without saying that you WILL be in sticker shock if you take it to the dealer), then sell the 735 and get a well-maintained 750 (or give the 735 to your wife and get the 750 for yourself, kind of what I did!).
Hope this helps. Later.
I have always been in love with the E32. I will need a new car soon and I was thinking on buying one of those great cars. I drive 55k miles every year and have 3 kids. My questions are:
- Which one should I buy ? I've been told that the 750i are expensive to own but I can aford that of course. On the other hand perhaps a 735i would be enough...
- If buying a V12 which one ? i or iL ? Is the iL a lot bigger ?
- Mileage ? I have been looking some nice E32 and all of them had more than 100k miles. It is relly dificult to find a low mileage one...:-(
- Colour. I like black/black. Is that a *dirty* colour ? As I travel a lot, I don't have lot of time to wash/polish the my cars ( I really like to have my cars very clean).
- Should I avoid chipped or tuned cars ?
With best regards, Mike.