This afternoon, after washing the car, I went to start it and to my surprise, all that I got was the tell tale tick,tick,tick,tick,tick. My first thought was the battery had gone south without warning. Twenty minutes later it hesitated for a second and then started right up. I'm confused. Before today I had no warning of the battery possibily loosing the charge. Do I need a new battery(if so what should I buy)? Could there possibily be a fault in the ignition system? Is it possible that moisture got into the engine bay and affected some wires? Any advice would be welcome as I can make repairs tomorrow so that I can get to work on Monday.
89 535iA w/ 60K miles
Inspection II around the corner