I have found a seemingly very nice 1991 535i for sale. I drove the car last week and it seems nice. The OBC and instrument panel seems to fuction properly. The only problems noted were:
1) Power windows seem sluggish...may need to be lubed
2) One speaker puts out a crackling noise
3) Accelerator squeaks when depressed
4) Leather is dirty and/or worn (hadn't been cleaned by the dealer yet)
5) Auto close of sunroof by drivers key doesn't work
6) Minor discoloration of certain plastic items in the compartment.
7) Little dial over center vents seemingly does nothing
The car has had the steering column replaced and all hoses and waterpump. I do plan on having it inspected before purchase by the local dealer. THe car has 89K and was supposedly owned by a elderly couple (thus explaining the low milage). Or so I was told by the dealer.
I ran the carfax report and the link to it is below. Could someone please look over it and tell me if they see a problem. I see a large numbeer of liens against the car. Does this mean the car has changed hands this many times. I really did not go over the service history with the dealer but of course this will be done before I even think about purchasing it. I am not a very legal-minded person, so I am having trouble deciding if the report is good or bad. Can someone help me out please?