The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Check your front wheel balance. (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by R8R4ˮ on January 06, 2000 at 04:57:45:

In Reply to: Help! I got the 60 MPH shimmies posted by Gucc on January 05, 2000 at 10:11:49:

: I've read past messages stating that this is a bushing problem. But what I don't know is what is the exact name of the bushings needing replacement and if the job is difficult or requires special tools. I've seen bushings labeled as "control arm" and "stabilizer arm" in variuos BMW parts catalogs. I'm a good weekend mechanic and usually do the work myself. Tires are recent and balanced.

: Gucc '94 525i 5spd sharked

This has happened to me twice and all I needed was a front wheel balance both times. Them damn pot hole!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.