The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Need a tie-rod puller (more) (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Bruno on October 25, 2000 at 13:32:54:

In Reply to: Special tool to replace tie rods?? posted by Shawn on October 25, 2000 at 12:41:33:

You need a tie rod puller, I checked all the automotive part suppliers and half og them don't even know the tool. I tried with a pickle fork but without any luck.
It is a really easy job with a tie rod puller.
Cost around $35.00 from Bavarian Auto.

I have one if you cannot find one. I am thinking about creating a bank of special tools to be loaned.

'89 535i brand new steering links.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.