The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: instrument cluster problem (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by jim egelston on November 21, 2000 at 12:34:54:

In Reply to: instrument cluster problem posted by dave h on November 21, 2000 at 00:23:55:

The capacitors you want are electrolytic, with radial leads. 'Radial' means that the two wires come out the same end, as opposed to the wires comming out opposite ends. You need the radial type because of the way the capacitor is mounted to the board in a vertical orientation. I bought my capacitors at Supertronix, a retail electronics store in Seattle. They have a website:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.