The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
I am assuming that you have an automatic, that (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Bill R. on December 11, 2000 at 13:46:26:

In Reply to: Knob Under the Gas Pedal posted by dave on December 11, 2000 at 13:29:17:

knob is the kickdown switch for the transmission. You are already at full throttle and that is a switch you depress to downshift to passing gear.

Under my gas pedal, there is a knob that prevents the gas pedal from being properly pushed through the floorboard (I have about 3 inches from knob to floorboard). Instead, I may only floor the pedal to the point where it hits this "knob." The knob looks adjustable, but, like all unknown objects on the bimmer, I am afraid of touching it. What is this knob, may I adjust it, and will this allow me the joy of properly flooring my car?

93 525i
Just hit 80K!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2018 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.