The complete automotive resource for buyers, sellers, and owners like you.
Car, Truck and SUV Forums at Roadfly
+ Bentley Forums
+ BMW Forums
+ Cadillac Forums
+ Chevrolet Forums
+ Ferrari Forums
+ Jaguar Forums
+ Lamborghini Forums
+ Lotus Forums
+ Mercedes-Benz Forums
+ Maserati Forums
+ MINI Forums
+ Porsche Forums
+ General Discussion
+ Marketplace Forums
Re: Auto Transmission fill? (archive)

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]

Posted by Gary M on December 14, 2000 at 21:05:07:

In Reply to: Auto Transmission fill? posted by Brumfield on December 14, 2000 at 20:50:19:

There's a bolt on the top of the automatic transmission pan. You'll need a pump to get the transmission fluid out of the bottle into the transmission. You can buy them at an auto parts stores, but make sure the pump fits the plastic transmission bottle. I bought one that where the screw on cap was a different size than the bottle.

I own a 1993 525ita. This model year doesn't have the typical trans. dipstick/filler tube. What is the procedure for refilling at trans. filter/fluid service interval? Is their a special purpose pump?


Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ 5-series (E34) Message Board ] [ Msg. Board FAQ ]
Questions, comments, or problems, please visit the Roadfly help desk. Logo © 1997 - 2016 Jump Internet Inc. All rights reserved.